Thursday 5 November 2015

Time to Amplify The Power of Marketing


As some of you may know, I was awarded #2 Social Seller by LinkedIn in November 2014.  It is now November 2015 and I wonder about how well I now stand with my social media ranking.

The good news is that in 2015, our IBM Power blogs are being pumped out almost on a weekly basis with "We Believe - Power Wins" and "We Amplify - Power Marketing" blogs, and responses to the many global and regional Systems and Marketing blogs that we actively contribute and respond to.  I have lots of re-tweets, re-posts, shares and comments on IBM on all my social media platforms - Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Linked In.  I would like to think that besides the great work from our brand, technical and sales team, marketing and our social efforts has helped us turn around our business to several consecutive quarters of year to year growth since I have joined the Asia Pacific team.

Looking across 2014 and 2015, there was a significant change in my personal social engagement. In 2014, I was in ASEAN Systems Marketing and had to manage the System x team which had the challenge of enduring a year of uncertainty before they eventually transitioned to Lenovo.  Blogging had become a way for me to share my thoughts about the industry both tech and marketing.  I had hoped that my raw and honest view helped to provide an objective perspective amidst rumours and nay sayings.  It was my way to inspire my team, encourage my fellow colleagues, business partners, customers and the industry.

Many who were inspired or touched by my blogs reached out to me to share with them and their teams.  So in 2015,  I began sharing, training and mentoring many who were willing to learn about digital and social.  I was invited to share my expertise on how to build social eminence with general managers, directors, managers, staff and students.  These included universities, trade associations, government boards, human resource organizations, manufacturers, marketing forums and public events.

As I spend time mentoring and coaching, coupled with ramping up our IBM capabilities, I had somehow neglected myself and when I forget to share "me" to the world, those who followed me have lost the opportunity for inspiration.  Several followers recently commented that they have been following me and been missing my blogs.  So, it is time to really amplify the power of marketing by re-awaken my social identity and re-vitalize my blog. 

I will share as I learn.  As Tim Cahill says, "A journey is best measured by friends than miles."  Come and follow me on this journey.

23 comments:

  1. David Toh: Welcome back from wherever you've been hiding Ms Phey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be back David Toh! Emerging & breaking free from corporate jargon

      Delete
  2. Nicholas Ong: Glad to hear from you. Keep on sharing. Thanks Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicholas ong for the encouragement! We all need some & share some!

      Delete
  3. Manila Rauniyar: I look forward to your blogs Anne - Keep enlightening growing marketeers like me !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Manila Rauniyar! It is my hope that the blogs can help someone along their journey. So glad for your feedback!

      Delete
  4. Cindy Fung: thanks for your sharing. I really enjoy reading your posts. Relevant Practical Read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy Fung, glad to know you enjoy reading my posts. I hope to to represent a true authentic view. Keep those comments coming!

      Delete
  5. Jeremy Michel: Looking forward to read you again Anne Phey - Innovator "Time to Amplify The Power of Marketing"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeremy Michel, PMP for sharing my blog. As I had shared candidly with your top talent: #I_will Holistic Development Program, we have our ups and downs, just remember to keep at it!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing Charles Toh (Product Architect & Inventor @CharlesDesigns Pte Ltd),

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charles Toh: Keep Posting, will try to Support Your Post.
      Hope you Share Our Invention Co2Saver™ By CharlesDesigns®.

      Delete
    2. Sure will do that Charles Toh! Just shared & found that Irwin knows you.

      Delete
    3. Yes, we have coffee at Tampines. We trying to market to High Profile Females to help spread the word. How do I send you some Concept Pictures.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing Lilian Yap! Hope the going's great in ANZ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing Isobel Morgan! All the best in your social journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing Melissa Cheah! I remember our close collaboration with Solderfield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa Cheah: Thanks for remembering us...
      Did not know that you writes blogs...you are quite a writer, you know...
      Thumb up to your articles...

      Delete
    2. Wow, thanks for the encouragement Melissa Cheah! Will PM you to catch up!

      Delete
  10. Andrea Edwards "It's nice to have you back darling. You had disappeared. Never forget "you" right? xxxxxx"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful sharing Andrea Edwards! I just posted that I have been sharing on social on everything else but me for the past half year, and was reminded by my followers that I would need to share "me" again. They were missing the personal viewpoints and experience which makes life real, be it the good, bad or ugly. The "me" is good but we need to be mindful of our intention and impact. What I totally agree with you is that we need to have more "giving" to social media, be it knowledge, inspiration, encouragement, appreciation to build up someone or the community.

      Delete
  11. Sure will do that Charles Toh! Just shared & found someone knows you since school days.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your comments